Posted by DCB on 03/03/2014 16:11
Pavilions and Clubhouses
Pavilions and Clubhouse (TS5) provides practical advice for cricket club officials and designers when planning pavilions and clubhouses. The intention of TS5 is to guide and inform, leaving opportunity for clubs to influence the design of their pavilion in response to their needs and aspirations, and also the opportunities and constraints the site present.
Five pavilions have been designed and illustrated to demonstrate just some of the ways guidance note TS5 can be interpreted in response to the unique needs, opportunities and constraints of a project. The pavilions explore alternative layouts and massing to show a range of options in addition to traditional pavilion design to assist clients and their designers to create the next generation of inspiring pavilions and clubhouses.
Non Turf Pitches
The ECB's TS6 document on Performance Standards for Non-Turf Cricket Pitches Intended for Outdoor Use is available to download here.
This Standard describes the requirements for non-turf cricket pitch systems intended for outdoor use. It sets requirements for match pitches and practice areas. It does not set requirements for outfields for which there are currently no standards.
The following documents can be downloaded from the ECB website by clicking onto the link below -
TS6 - Technical Requirements and Performance Specification for non-Turf Cricket Pitches
Guidance Notes for Provision and Installation of Non-Turf Cricket Pitches and Net-Cage Facilities
Employer's Requirements for Provision and Installation of Non-Turf Cricket Facilities
- Supporting guidance documents
- ECB has introduced a voluntary Code of Practice for ECB Approved Non Turf Pitch System suppliers. ECB will be awarding companies that comply with the Code of Practice a kite mark that should give clubs and schools a benchmark of quality assurance when selecting a supplier. Compliant companies (recipients of approval) will be eligible to use the kite mark from October 2008. You can download the code below:
- Code of Practice and Technical Requirements for the Design and Installation of Non-Turf Cricket Facilities
- ECB Approved Non-Turf Pitch Systems & Suppliers For a current list of ECB Approved Non-Turf Pitch Systems & Suppliers, please download the file below: Code of Practice and Technical Requirements for the Design and Installation of Non-Turf Cricket Facilities
- ECB Approved Non-Turf Pitch Systems & Suppliers