Groundstaff Training Courses 2016
Posted by Graeme Weeks on 15/04/2016 11:32
We are delighted to announce a new round of training courses, specifically designed for Cricket Club Groundstaff.
The courses fall into two specific categories, the Foundation parts A and B are an official Institute of Groundsmanship (IOG) accredited qualification, and as such are aimed at those wishing to gain the qualification or are wanting a career in the groundsmanship industry. The three mini courses are non accredited and are aimed at anyone, of any ability or knowledge regarding groundsmanship, who may help out at their cricket club from time to time over the summer. We have specifically chosen key areas that are genuine problems for cricket clubs throughout the cricket season.
We have arranged 4 courses in total, spread throughout the summer which are as follows -
- 8th May 2016 - IOG Level 1 Cricket Pitches: Spring preparation and summer maintenance
- 8th June 2016 - Repairing pitches for re-use later in the season
- 13th July 2016 - Repairing and maintaining pitch ends through a busy season
- 3rd Augst 2016 - Correct use of seed and fertiliser. Basic machinery maintenance
Thanks to the brilliant support of Vic Demain (head Groundsman at Durham CCC) all 6 courses will be held at Emirates Riverside.
You can find out the full details of the IOG spring and autumn course content at https://www.iog.org/cricket-pitches-training-courses
The two IOG courses are full day events, 9.30am - 4.30pm and will include lunch.
The three short courses are all on wednesday evenings, and should last approx 2 hours, 6.30pm - 8.30pm.
The Fee for attending one of the IOG Courses is set out below –
- £156.00 for anyone attached to a Cricket Club affiliated to Durham Cricket Board
- £156.00 for an existing IOG member who is not attached to a Cricket Club affiliated to Durham Cricket Board •
- £312.00 for a non IOG member who is not attached to a Cricket Club affiliated to Durham Cricket Board.
The cost to attend the 3 short courses is £5 per course, which is to cover the cost of refreshments.
If you have any queries, please contact Graeme Weeks (0191) 3872868 Or e-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org