OSCAs 2017 - Nominations Open
Posted by Iliyana Farfarova on 14/06/2017 10:04
This year’s Outstanding Services to Cricket Awards are now open for nominations and we’re looking for your best volunteers.
Durham Cricket Board are inviting clubs and individuals to nominate their own candidates across a variety of categories within cricket as the winners of each category will be invited with a guest to a presentation dinner at the Riverside.
The nomination process is easy and quick, as we are asking clubs to initially supply the name and contact details of the nominee. The Cricket Board will then contact the nominator to help progress an appropriate citation. The testimonial, of not more than 200 words, will outline the achievements of the nominee in the most appropriate category.
The most outstanding Durham OSCA’s nominees will be invited to a presentation dinner at Emirates Riverside on Friday 11th August 2017.
We’re looking for volunteers who have made significant contributions to recreational cricket within the County in the following categories:
- Heartbeat of the Club - Someone behind the scenes who your club just couldn't do without
- Leagues - Dedicated individuals who have achieved sustainable results for your league
- Lifetime Achiever - Someone who has made an outstanding difference to cricket
- Young Volunteer - An award for those between 16 and 25 years of age
- Services to Groundsmanship - Long service to groundsmanship at a club
- Services to Youth Cricket - Long commitment to youth cricket
- Services to Umpiring & Scoring - Outstanding and dedicated service to umpiring and scoring
- Get the Game On – club volunteer whose ‘game day’ contribution ensures games are played and completed
- NatWest CricketForce – Club who has motivated its members to support NWCF, gained support from key partners and connected with the community in the recruitment of volunteers
- Services to Coaching – long and dedicated service supporting performance and participation through coaching at school, club, league and / or county level
- Women and Girls Cricket Development – this new category is dedicated to volunteers who have helped in the development of the female sport
Unsuccessful nominees from previous years who are still doing valuable voluntary work are eligible for consideration on submission of an updated testimonial.
To nominate someone, please complete the below form named "2017 OSCAs Testimonial" and return it to Iliyana Farfarova either by email: firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday, 14 July 2017, or by post:
Durham Cricket Board
Emirates Riverside Cricket Ground